Breakfast Briefing: Defining Your Company’s Immigration Policy
Like never before, in order to compete in today’s global marketplace, companies need to ensure they have the best talent with the skillset that will help distinguish them from their competition. Many companies find that the best talent may not be around the corner and companies must look more globally to acquire the workforce their businesses demand.
In this breakfast briefing, Rob Cohen, Chair of Porter Wright’s Immigration Practice, will address the range of potential issues for employers who hire foreign nationals and issues to consider when developing a corporate immigration policy to help manage the immigration caseload, costs, and the expectations of the foreign national employees, their families and the managers responsible for their work.
Key takeaways will include:
- Effective policies to build the institutional knowledge necessary to balance the demands for access to international talent and still maintain an effective compliance program.
- Develop training models to ensure your company is complying with immigration laws across your workforce.
- Address the needs of foreign national employees’ and their families with policies consistent with other Human Resource policies and practices.
- Maintaining the flexibility to adapt and take advantage of developments in immigration law that may impact the concerns of the foreign national employees.
- How to best manage job changes and comply with outdated immigration laws.
Rob Cohen has extensive experience in all aspects of business and family immigration procedures. Rob is past Chair of the Board of Trustees for the American Immigration Council, has served as the Ohio Chapter Chair of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Chair of the Nebraska Service Center Liaison Committee, and is currently Vice Chair of the USCIS Benefits Liaison Committee. He has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America®. in the areas of Immigration Law every year since 1995, and was most recently named The Best Lawyers in America® 2015 Columbus, Ohio Immigration Law Lawyer of the Year and is recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers®. In addition to his legal experience, he is also an instructor for the Legal Assistant program at Capital University.
There is no charge for this seminar; however, seating is limited. Please RSVP by Tuesday, May 12. If you have questions, please contact Erin Hawk.
Tuesday, May 19, 2015
8:00am – 8:30am Registration and breakfast
8:30am – 10:00am Program and Q&A
10:00am Closing remarks
Porter Wright 41 South High St. 29th Floor Columbus, Ohio 43215
Porter Wright will validate parking in the Huntington Center Parking Garage.